CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve

Dear Soldier,

Last night was a fun filled night. Lots of drinks, old friends, and laughter. It was nice seeing everyone, there is nothing like "coming home".. I'm sure you really know what I'm talking about. Even in the midst of having fun, I still thought of you. My thoughts drift to you at the oddest moments. Some times someone will tell me of a high school friend joined the army, or politics will be brought up and I'll think of you. Other times I'll see someone smile and it reminds me of yours. I'll hear a joke, and think "I have to remember to tell him that!" I'll see a couple embrace, and wish I could feel the warmth of your hand on my lower back, or the sound of your voice whispering quick secrets in my ear.

I cant wait for you to come home for R&R! I hope its around my birthday, because there is no one I would rather spend it with. You make me smile, and melt that just you alone would be the most amazing present of all.

I hope that you aren't too sad during the Holidays, and I hope you know that every Christmas wish I've made has been for you. For your safety, for your happiness, and for "us". (well besides the ones i've made for my boy.. :) ) SO here is to the happiest of years, and to the hope of spending future Holidays together!

I love you, my Soldier. Hope you enjoyed the video, even though it was rather short and cheesey. I'll try and post them occassionaly, as a treat.

See you in my dreams,
Me.

3 comments:

Doublebanker said...

Gotta be tough this time of year to be apart. But what is being done for our country is necessary. Continue to be proud of your soldier, pray for grand blessings this time of year!

Letters From Home said...

I'm always proud, he's my hero! I just hope he knows that and is proud of himself! He gets awfuly bored over there, this is my way of letting him know I havent forgotten about him, and its more up to date then letters that take several weeks to reach him! Thanks for reading, and warm wishes to you and your family! happy holidays!

Doublebanker said...

Merry Christmas & continued warm wishes to those within your life!